The business of shipping is a complicated one, but we try to make it less complicated for you. A common use case goes something like this: You want to send parcels from point A to point B. Often, A is you and B is your customer. You may want to know what it's going to cost you and maybe present that price to your customer. You put this into our system, which takes care of the nitty gritty of it, and you deliver or someone picks up the parcels for you.
For a minimal, simple workflow like this, these are the steps you would have to take:
- Create a consignment, providing the address of A and B, the carrier that's actually moving it from A to B, which if their products to use and the pre-defined agreement you have with this carrier
- You print the various labels and manifests that accompany the parcels
- When ready, you mark the consignment as ready for transfer. The necessary information is sent to the carrier
- Depending on the carrier, product and the agreement you have, the packages will either be picked up by the carrier or brought to the carrier by you
- The consignment is now under way to point B. Depending on various factors, you may be able to track its progress
It can get more complicated than this, but those are the basics.